Senior Electrical Engineer, Job Ref. # ELN (0938)
Date: 4 April 2015
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Review of all electrical detail design of the shop-drawings and documents issued; “For construction” to ensure that all comments have been incorporated into these documents before the next step of execution takes place.
- Coordination and liaison with other discipline members of the Project Management Team throughout the duration of the project.
- Supervision of installations, that quality control of execution and workmanship to be implemented on site.
- Conduct progress meetings with the contractors and suppliers.
- Assisting with the co-ordination of the master schedule implementation, deliverables and subcontracts interfaces.
- Review project progress and monthly billing claim by the contractor.
- Issue Non-Conformance Report (NCR) or Field Observation Report (FON) to the work implemented on the site which is not according to approved shop-drawing and specifications and implement corrective actions.
- Checked the assessment of Value Engineering proposals from Contractors with a view to making cost and time savings.
- Testing and Commissioning of all electrical HV/LV and low current equipments.
- Duties also involved some correspondence and report writings.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge & experience on usage of design software for Electrical/Buildings systems.
- Knowledge of Electroical/Buildings requirements for completion of construction and commissioning.
- Knowledge & experience of testing, commissioning, start-up, operation & turnover practices.
- Knowledge of process electrical isolation to perform safe mechanical tasks.
- Leadership skills & able to supervise craft for testing, startup and operations activity.
- Computer skills including experience with MS Excel & MS Word.