Projects Construction Manager, Job Ref. # PCM (3641)
Date: 25 March, 2015
Location: Doha, Qatar
James Cubitt and Partners Consultants is looking for highly experienced Construction project manager that will supervise construction projects and to ensure project is completed on time and within budgetary constraints. A deep understanding and ability to work on target date in fast-paced environment are important qualities when it comes to construction business. Work experience in the industry is one of the most important factors for a Project Construction Manager to oversee the projects, to ensure the desired result is achieved, the most efficient resources are used and the different interests involved are satisfied.
- Site Preparation and Liaising with other Construction Professional before Construction works start.
- Developing Programmed of Work, Strategy and Plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish the Project.
- Plan, organize and coordinate all aspects concerned with the Construction Process and maintenance of structures, facilities and systems.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of Plans using construction management software.
- Inspect and review projects when work is in progress to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, regulations and other relating to health, safety and the environment.
- Prepare contracts and discuss revisions, changes and embellishments to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtain all necessary permits and licenses.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates and progress and cost tracking reports.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints and construction problems with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors and design professionals.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of building science or civil engineering and relevant work experience such as building studies, building engineering, surveying, civil engineering, construction engineering and construction managements.
- A Senior-level role that requires industry and project experience.
- Strong management, communication, and interpersonal skills are also critical to success in construction management.
- Must be able to easily give direction and delegate tasks.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communications skills
- Team management skills, flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Proficiency in related software (MS Project, Primavera, Excel, Word and ERP applications and AutoCAD etc…)