HSE Engineer, Job Ref. # EHS (0927)
Date: 4 April 2015
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- To implement, review, update and improve the HSE Management system of the company and improve the safety awareness amongst the work force.
- Observed and perform external and internal audits for company’s certification in accordance to ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001.
- Conduct HSE Meeting (Contractor/Sub-Contractor), presentation / follow up with minutes of meeting.
- HSE Internal Trainings (Identify need, Gap, Training Modules review etc.) and plan weekly internal HSE training as required.
- Organize and conduct basic firefighting training and conduct regular drills as stipulated in the drill plan.
- Oversee, maintain and periodically service all fire-fighting, rescue and emergency response equipment in buildings, yard and emergency vehicles.
- Lead Emergency Response Team and assist in the operation, safety briefing / induction for visitors, issue Safety Alert / Weekly Toolbox Talk / News bulletin.
- Provision of technical support to safety studies and assessments and other applicable safety and health reviews.
- Conducts safety inspections of project construction activities to monitor compliance with safety requirements including contractual commitments, permits, the project’s ES&H plan, and other applicable safety plans
- Knowledge of safety and health laws and regulations and applicable agencies’ permitting processes and responsibilities.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- A degree in the field of Safety and Health preferred or a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- A recognized certification preferred.
- Must have good communication skills and proficient with computer software.
- Must deliver initial and ongoing training to enable company personnel to comply with the requirements of the company EHS policy.
- Qualified to perform high angle rescue, confined space rescue & fall protection rescue
- Must have Basic First Aid