Contracts Administrator, Job Ref. # CAD (3479)
Date: 4 April 2015
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Maintain and further develop the contracting strategy for the project based on company’s established practices and procedures.
- Support the Project Manager in the management of the contract and work with the project management team to identify the main contract baseline and identify project opportunities and risks, and to develop a risk mitigation plan.
- Develop a Prime Contract Management Program for the project consistent with the practices and procedures set forth in the Prime Contracts Management Manual, and communicate the baseline and the program to all members of the project team.
- Ensure that the contractual obligation of each contracting parties are met without resulting to dispute.
- Ensure awareness of all project activities that may affect the prime contract.
- Support to the Project Manager for the preparation and negotiation of changes to the baseline contract as well as the resolution of constructive contract changes with respect to additional compensation and time.
- Participate in project related meetings and work closely with Construction, Engineering, Procurement and Project Controls, and review project financial data.
- Develop a program to identify and prepare claims as they develop and direct the efforts to negotiate and resolve claims in coordination with the client.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering, or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of change orders, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling
- Thorough knowledge of prime contract administration as well as contract/subcontract formation and administration, execution office and field procedures, and documents relating to a multi-discipline construction project
- Proficiency in the formation and administration of subcontracts from bidder pre-qualification, compilation of bid requests, receipt of bids, bid evaluation, through award, monitoring the performance of contractors, back charge procedures, resolution of claims and disputes, and other such related steps
- Proven leadership ability.