Associate Roads & Highways Engineer, Job Ref. #RHE (3179)
Date: 3 March, 2015
Location: London, UK
James Cubitt and Partners Consultants is seeking a highly experienced and well motivated Associate Roads & highways engineer for London, UK. Successful candidate will be responsible in supervising all disciplines on the projects, supporting the design of roads and highways as per standards and specifications for design build. Perform work that involves conventional engineering practice but may include complex features such as resolving conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements. Your technical skill, broad knowledge and competency in this field will be the keys to success.
- Supervises all disciplines on the project to all engineering activity, for heavy infrastructure project and assigned parts or portions of the project.
- Responsible for Planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating in detailed phases of engineering work.
- Carry out structural design of bridges (structural steel and pre-stressed concrete), foundations, retaining walls and other various structures by using related structural software.
- Responsible in reviewing structural design, drawings, specifications and technical reports for projects under design and evaluate overall constructability and maintainability.
- Involve in conventional engineering practice that may include complex aspects such as resolving, conflicting and inconsistency in design requirements, inappropriate or unsuitability of conventional materials and/or difficult coordination requirements.
- Review shop drawings (details and calculations pertaining to stress and forces; layout of structural steel; specifications of materials, test procedures and results and weld certifications.
- Conduct thorough working drawing reviews, examination of details and design calculations for support of excavation of open-cut earth, suspension and support of utilities, bulkheads, decking’s, bridges, and underpinning of existing structures.
- Ensure conformance with codes, standards, guidelines and necessary coordination with affected other engineering discipline.
- Perform the preparation of preliminary and final construction documents by using Bechtel Standard Application Programs (BSAPs), Commercial, Off-the-shelf (COTS) Programs, and appropriate 2-D and 3-D computer aided design and computer aided engineering (CAD and CAE) tools.
- Coordinates with interdisciplinary engineering groups formed to deal with special engineering or construction problems, with the Client, supplier and contractors and between other groups.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (M.S. a plus).
- A registered Licensed Professional Engineer required.
- With experience in leading industry in engineering and engineering management with emphasis on the practice of structural design and civil engineering.
- Should have experience in one of the following industries: Refinery, Mining, Transportation planning and Heavy Civil and Highway.
- Extensive experience with major bridges including: steel, concrete, pre-stressed, segmental, and cable stayed.
- Should possess the skills in preparing the comprehensive designs, cost estimates and technical reports.
- With Proficiency in Highway engineering software required (Microstation, Inroads, Project wise, etc.)
- Requires a broad knowledge of administrative practices and highly developed written and oral communications skills.
- Familiar with International and local codes and standards.
- Must be able to work independently and in group situations.