Associate Principal Infrastructure, Job Ref. # API (5489)
Date: 3 March, 2015
Location: London, UK
James Cubitt and Partners Consultants is seeking a highly experienced and dedicated Associate Principal Infrastructure Engineer with a proven track record of successful delivery of schemes from the master plan stage to detailed design and completion of construction. The successful candidate will require leading both projects and technical design team and expected to strengthen and develop the business. He will be responsible for technical direction of our Client’s projects in a natural curiosity by looking in an innovative approach or method of design and delivery. This role requires strong technical knowledge, leadership and dedication.
- Responsible for Plans and coordination of engineering works on multiple small, medium and large infrastructure projects of varying complexity.
- Provide and create marketing documentation, develop leads and preparation of proposals and bids.
- Responsible in coordinating the projects during the lifecycle of the project to provide input that focusing overall engineering budget, quality, maintains ownership, client satisfaction and execution within the approved schedule and budgets.
- Communicate and liaise with Engineering Manager for interpreting, organizing, coordinating and executing tasks.
- Represent our Client at external meetings, conferences and through preparation of documents.
- Directs and provides administrative guidance to assigned Project and/or discipline Engineers in the management of engineering projects.
- Carry out and commence reviews major changes or amend in the projects scope, project material quantities, budgets, schedules and to ensure in defining and identifying the changes to obtain precise and accurate estimates that involve the hours and budget adjustment.
- Ensuring the implementation and compliance of all Group policies, procedure and guidelines.
- Participates in project planning prior to proposals to provide technical guidance in the engineering and construction review of proposals.
- Keeps updated & informed on the status of all engineering matters, issues and projects involving assigned personnel with respect to schedule, budgets, work quality and client satisfaction.
- Responsible in monitoring the availability of using engineering computer programs, technical advances and engineering management control techniques on the projects assigned.
- Carry out other duties appropriate to the level and character of the post.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or relevant engineering discipline.
- A professional license in Engineering or a chartered engineer.
- Extensive post graduate experience in development infrastructure projects.
- Familiarize and broad knowledge of industry/regulatory codes and standards and design criteria in all engineering disciplines.
- Capable and ability to adopt a systems engineering approach to design management via requirements capture and management including validation and verification.
- Knowledgeable and familiar of industry / regulatory codes and standards and design criteria in all engineering disciplines.
- Very good communicator (written, verbal and presentations).
- Proficiency in developing work breakdown structures and sequence with construction and procurement teams and develop the required list of engineering deliverables for incorporation in a fully integrated schedule
- Proficiency in related software (MS Office, AutoCAD and 3-D & 4-D data-rich intelligent infrastructure modeling etc.).