Associate Infrastructure Engineer, Job Ref. #AIE (2547)
Date: 3 March, 2015
Location: London, UK
James Cubitt and Partners Consultants is seeking for experienced and dedicated Associate Infrastructure Engineer with a proven track record of successful delivery of schemes from the master plan stage, to detailed design and completion of construction. The successful candidate must be capable of overseeing significant projects from conceptual planning stage through construction stage. Responsible for ensuring all projects within the local civil engineering infrastructure teams are accomplished in a timely and cost effective way and may develop key learning points and communicate across the group.
- Review, update and prepare revisions to Guideline Specifications, Manuals and Design Criteria and comment on design and drawing packages submitted.
- Review proposed land allocation plans for new and existing industries expansion for compliance with Master Plan and availability of support utilities.
- Capable of overseeing significant projects from conceptual planning stage through construction stage.
- Responsible for Project Management and Design Management of Consultancy services in delivering the project on time and to budget.
- Responsible for ensuring all projects within the local civil engineering infrastructure teams are accomplished and completed in a timely and cost effective way.
- Coordinate between disciplines and departments and return review comments on submittals and for new contract packages and plants or plant expansion designs.
- Coordinate changes in design to support construction and ensure quality.
- Provide support to Construction Department and disposition of field changes.
- Utilize computer and computer codes to review performed designs.
- Ensure all technical phases or aspects of the team’s project work are undertaken in accordance with the practice’s QMS, EMS and HSE procedures.
- Perform general activities such as preparation of studies, reports and bid packages.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Must be a college graduate with B.S. in Civil, Structural or Mechanical Engineering.
- Substantial experience in the analysis and design of concrete structures, steel structures, temporary works and coordination of multi-discipline designs and teams. (Alternatively, if mechanical engineer, substantial experience in piping design or plant layout).
- Experience of working across a broad range of clients, particularly private land developers including contractors, energy companies and local authorities.
- Proven experience in field construction and/or operation of heavy industrial plants, petrochemical plants or refineries.
- Extensive experience in consultation, negotiations and meeting with third party authorities (e.g. Local Authorities etc…)
- With sufficient knowledge in computers to monitor schedule of work and track completion of outstanding design issues.
- Knowledgeable and familiar in pipe corridors, crossover structures and temporary works design.