Associate Environmental Engineer, Job Ref. #AEE (2143)
Date: 3 March, 2015
Location: London, UK
James Cubitt and Partners Consultants is seeking for Associate Environmental Engineer with t skills of impact assessment and management alongside the core scientific elements of environmental engineering. The successful candidate is responsible to perform a variety of engineering duties by applying basic engineering techniques and analysis in support of environmental remediation projects. Design, plan, or perform engineering duties in the prevention, control, and remediation of environmental health hazards utilizing various engineering disciplines.
- Conduct inspection for industrial and municipal facilities and programs in order to evaluate operational effectiveness and ensure compliance with environmental regulations. Prepare, review, and update environmental investigation and recommendation reports.
- Advise industries and government agencies about environmental policies and standards. Issue advisory to corporations and government agencies of procedures to follow in cleaning up contaminated sites in order to protect people and the environment. Provide administrative support for projects by collecting data, providing project documentation, training staff, and performing other general administrative duties.
- Design systems, processes, and equipment for control, management, and remediation of water, air, and soil quality.
- Develop proposed project objectives and targets, and report to management on progress in attaining them. Develop and present environmental compliance training or orientation sessions. Provide technical-level support for environmental remediation and litigation projects, including remediation system design and determination of regulatory applicability.
- Collaborate with environmental scientists, planners, hazardous waste technicians, engineers, and other specialists, and experts in law and business to address environmental problems.
- Obtain, update, and maintain plans, permits, and standard operating procedures.
- Monitor progress of environmental improvement programs.
- Assess the existing or potential environmental impact of land use projects on air, water, and land.
- Develop site-specific health and safety protocols, such as spill contingency plans and methods for loading and transporting waste.
- Coordinate and manage environmental protection programs and projects, assigning and evaluating work.
- Prepare hazardous waste manifests and land disposal restriction notifications.
- Serve on teams conducting multimedia inspections at complex facilities, providing assistance with planning, quality assurance, safety inspection protocols, and sampling.
- Develop, implement, and manage plans and programs related to conservation and management of natural resources.
- Provide environmental engineering assistance in network analysis, regulatory analysis, and planning or reviewing database development.
- Providing assistance and professional advice to engineering, project and construction management in identifying and complying with environmental requirements and in addressing environmental issues as they arise during project planning and execution
Required Minimum Qualifications
- University degree in civil, chemical or environmental engineering. A master degree in the Environmental field is an advantage.
- Professional certification is required.
- Experienced in mining, refining, metals (smelting, rolling, alloys), manufacturing (e.g. building materials, glass, refractory products, machine and mechanical parts and the like), other materials such as fertilizers, nitrates and ammonia, and power plants.
- Solid knowledge of international Environmental Regulations such as the USA, European Union or other advanced environmental regulatory systems.
- Knowledge (preferably certification) in sustainability rating systems such as LEED or CEEQUAL.
- Strong ability to research, comprehend and summarize scientific and technical information and publications on environmental issues.
- Understands standard contract requirements and scope as they relate to discipline work.
- Requires excellent verbal / written communication skills in English.
- Good interpersonal / team skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.