Associate Economic Development Principal, Job Ref. #EDP (1047)
Date: 3 March, 2015
Location: London, UK
James Cubitt and Partners Consultants is seeking a self motivated, energetic and action oriented Associate Economic Development Principal. The candidate will assist the director with the support and execution of programs associated with business retention, expansion, recruitment and entrepreneurial initiatives. He will support the Executive Director with the business development program including meeting businesses, municipal partners, development professionals to secure business investment and employment opportunities. This position or associate will be the main responsible for the development, utilize, and maintenance of multiple databases which support key EDC functionality.
- Assist the director with the support and execution of programs associated with business retention, expansion, recruitment and entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Coordinates a variety of projects to include employer outreach, meeting coordination and facilitation, data analysis and research, and the creation of reports for the director and/or Board of Directors.
- Collects and analyzes labor market data to identify job market trends. Stays informed of current initiatives, practices and programs available in the local area.
- Supports development of strategic and operating plans, and grant proposals through research, partnerships with internal and external constituents, data analysis and writing.
- Coordinates the development of new program elements based on research and feedback received from regional businesses and other constituents.
- Participates as a member of the EDC team to achieve positive outcomes in all deliverables outlined in the EDC’s Annual Work Plan and Communication Plan.
- Deliver effective decisions and solve problems in complex or ambiguous situations by gathering, diagnosing and judiciously analyzing the information about the situation and environment in order to identify and evaluate options and select the best course of action.
- Awareness of economic development industry that includes an in depth learning of this service area with a goal to develop professional capabilities.
- Inspire and influence by communicating a compelling vision of the future, conveying an executive presence (e.g., confidence, poise, connecting with others, etc.) and being sufficiently agile and self‐assured to lead others effectively.
- Effectively build relationships with individuals and teams across the organization and external partners by being inclusive, considerate and responsive to the needs of others; by communicating effectively, collaborating with others and sharing resources; and by being receptive to feedback. Demonstrate initiative, commitment to excellence, and effective self‐management skills, including integrity, ethical behavior, responsibility, dependability and follow through.
- Attend Board and staff meetings as required.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Economics preferably with Master in Business Administration
- Possess high degree of oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on effective interpersonal skills to work with varying levels of professionals, such as public officials, bankers, government employees, board members, staff, and business owners.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism, confidentiality, flexibility and initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple projects requiring specific deadlines that may often result in a high stress environment.
- Ability to work independently, effectively analyze and problem solve issues, and exercise good judgment in making a variety of decisions.
- Proven organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of word processing, data processing and spreadsheet software applications.