Equal opportunity, diversity & inclusion policy
James Cubitt & Partners Ltd recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. This policy sets out the organisation’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruitment and promotion, giving guidance and encouragement to employees at all levels to act fairly and prevent discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, part-time and fixed term contract status, age, sexual orientation or religion.
The aim of this policy is to ensure all employees receive fair treatment and equal opportunities at work and are not subject to prejudicial practice as a result of the Companies activities. This will ensure equality of opportunity for all potential employees, employees, contractors and customers.
We are committed to:
- Treating employees and customers with respect and dignity, equally and with fairness.
- Promoting equality of opportunity for all persons
- Promoting a good and harmonious working environment, positive attitude and good relations between people.
- Encourage participation by all
- Take steps to account for inclusion for all abilities
- Provide and maintain adequate arrangements to enable employees to raise issues
- Support equal opportunities in employment and recruitment
- Preventing occurrences of unlawful direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment and victimization
- Fulfilling all our legal obligations under the equality legislation and associated codes of practice
- Complying with our own equal opportunities policy and associated policies
- Taking lawful affirmative or positive action, where appropriate
- Ensure the Companies actions are justified
Overall responsibility for policy implementation and review rests with the Company senior management. However, all staff have an obligation to adhere to and support the implementation of the policy. James Cubitt & Partners will inform all existing employees, consultants and contractors of the policy and their role in the implementation and monitoring of the policy. New employees will be given notice of the policy on induction to the Company
Statement of policy
- It is the policy of James Cubitt & Partners Ltd to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. The organisation is committed not only to its legal obligations but also to the positive promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
- The organisation recognises that adhering to the Equal Opportunities Policy, combined with relevant employment policies and practices, maximises the effective use of individuals in both the organisation’s and employees’ best interests. James Cubitt & Partners Ltd recognises the great benefits in having a diverse workforce with different backgrounds, solely employed on ability.
- The application of recruitment, training, and promotion policies to all individuals will be on the basis of job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits.
- All employees of the organisation will be made aware of the provisions of this policy.