Policies & Ethics
In James Cubitt, we believe in taking a responsible approach to everything we do, we aim to promote potential development and good corporate citizenship. Our believe in business behavior is based on trust, integrity, transparency and professionalism.
We are a truly people-based firm. The key to our success lies with the motivation, skills and commitment of our employees. Our value chain goes through loyal employees and customers, through our community responsibility and care.
We have made our Polices & Ethical Guidelines to ensure the continuous observance of ethical behavior. Our Code of Conduct states standards for ethical business behavior to prevent corrupt or fraudulent practices. It establishes the general rules to be observed in order to meet our ethical standards for business behavior.
Equal opportunity, diversity & inclusion policy
James Cubitt & Partners Ltd recognises that it is essential to provide equal opportunities to all persons without discrimination. This policy sets out the organisation’s position on equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruitment and promotion, giving guidance and encouragement to employees at all levels to act fairly and prevent discrimination on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, part-time and fixed term contract status, age, sexual orientation or religion.
The aim of this policy is to ensure all employees receive fair treatment and equal opportunities at work and are not subject to prejudicial practice as a result of the Companies activities. This will ensure equality of opportunity for all potential employees, employees, contractors and customers.
We are committed to:
- Treating employees and customers with respect and dignity, equally and with fairness.
- Promoting equality of opportunity for all persons
- Promoting a good and harmonious working environment, positive attitude and good relations between people.
- Encourage participation by all
- Take steps to account for inclusion for all abilities
- Provide and maintain adequate arrangements to enable employees to raise issues
- Support equal opportunities in employment and recruitment
- Preventing occurrences of unlawful direct discrimination, indirect discrimination, harassment and victimization
- Fulfilling all our legal obligations under the equality legislation and associated codes of practice
- Complying with our own equal opportunities policy and associated policies
- Taking lawful affirmative or positive action, where appropriate
- Ensure the Companies actions are justified
Overall responsibility for policy implementation and review rests with the Company senior management. However, all staff have an obligation to adhere to and support the implementation of the policy. James Cubitt & Partners will inform all existing employees, consultants and contractors of the policy and their role in the implementation and monitoring of the policy. New employees will be given notice of the policy on induction to the Company
Statement of policy
- It is the policy of James Cubitt & Partners Ltd to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. The organisation is committed not only to its legal obligations but also to the positive promotion of equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.
- The organisation recognises that adhering to the Equal Opportunities Policy, combined with relevant employment policies and practices, maximises the effective use of individuals in both the organisation’s and employees’ best interests. James Cubitt & Partners Ltd recognises the great benefits in having a diverse workforce with different backgrounds, solely employed on ability.
- The application of recruitment, training, and promotion policies to all individuals will be on the basis of job requirements and the individual’s ability and merits.
- All employees of the organisation will be made aware of the provisions of this policy.
Recruitment and promotion
- Advertisements for posts will give sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post. Information about vacant posts will be provided in such a manner that does not restrict its audience in terms of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion.
- Recruitment literature will not imply a preference for one group of applicants unless there is a genuine occupational qualification which limits the post to this particular group, in which case this must be clearly stated.
- All vacancies will be circulated internally
- All descriptions and specifications for posts will include only requirements that are necessary and justifiable for the effective performance of the job.
- All selection will be thorough, conducted against defined criteria and will deal only with the applicant’s suitability for the job. Where it is necessary to ask questions relating to personal circumstances, these will be related purely to job requirements and asked to all candidates.
James Cubitt & Partners Ltd will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion in the allocation of duties between employees employed at any level with comparable job descriptions.
James Cubitt & Partners Ltd will put in place any reasonable measures and/or adjustments within the workplace for those employees who become disabled during employment or for disabled appointees.
All employees will be considered solely on their merits for career development and promotion with equal opportunities for all.
Employees will be provided with appropriate training regardless of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion.
All employees will be encouraged to discuss their career prospects and training needs with their Line Manager or the HR Department.
Grievances and Victimisation
James Cubitt & Partners Ltd emphasises that discrimination is unacceptable conduct which may lead to disciplinary action under the organization’s Disciplinary Procedure.
Any complaints of discrimination will be pursued through the organisation’s Grievance Procedure. Monitoring and review
Monitoring and review
We will establish appropriate information and monitoring systems to assist the effective implementation of our equal opportunities policy. The effectiveness of the equal opportunities policy will be reviewed regularly (at least annually) and action taken as necessary.