History, Values & Culture
James Cubitt is direct continuation of its founders. In 1947, James William Archibald Cubitt set up an architectural practice in London with 3 partners; Fello Atkinson, Stefan Buzas and Dick Maitland. All of whom were recent graduates of the Architectural Association School of Architecture.
Below are some key milestones in the history of our firm:
- 1947 – Practice Establishment in London by James William Archibald Cubitt with Fello Atkinson, Stefan Buzas and Dick Maitland.
- 1958- Lagos office established by John Baker as a subsidiary of JCP London & Dick Maitland retired from the practice.
- 1968- Alan Craig and John Baker become partners of the firm and Zbyszek Plocki joined JCP as a partner in Nigeria.
- 1975- John Kress become an associate of the firm.
- 1983- Two founders passed away, James Cubitt & Fello Atkinson.
- 1986- Significant expansions was taking place, offices were established in Brisbane & Queensland, Australia by Rod Christmas & in Nairobi as a different subsidiaries of JCP London.
- 1988- Zbyszek Plocki became the Managing Director of the firm and John Kress and David Godfrey become partners. Alan Davies becomes the Director of the James Cubitt Nigerian offices with Chief Essien Oku.
- 1991- Significant expansion starts in the Middle East. Abu Dhabi & Dubai offices were established in association with IDB and later on Managed by M.Abu Shady.
- 1997- Abu Dhabi & Dubai Offices become independent. M.Abu Shady become the Country Manager & Partner with the firm.
- 2002- A branch office in Doha was established subsidiary of JCP London. The office is managed by I.Shekew. M.Abu Shady become the Area Manager of MENA region whilst M.El Khouly has joined him.
- 2006- Ghana Office was restarted.
- 2010- Chere Waddington and Jamie Robertson were appointed as directors of the JCP London Headquarter.